Payments, Refunds, & Policies
By submitting a payment for a River City Field Trips event, you agree to our terms and conditions listed here.
You can reserve space on field trips by going to the field trips page, clicking on the title of the field trip, and submitting the reservation form at the bottom of the page. Payment is due within 3 days of submitting your reservation form. If you are sending a check, it needs to be postmarked no later than the 2nd business day.
Your reservation is NOT confirmed until your payment is received! Only reserve space on field trips that you intend to keep.
It is your responsibility to check the Database to ensure that your spots were reserved, and that we received your payment. You will need to Notify us if something is amiss.
River City Field Trips
If you are sending a payment by Paypal, please use these instructions as a guideline .
Paypal payments sent with fees associated will be charged a 4% convenience fee. Paypal payments sent with fees associated can ONLY be refunded for the amount paid MINUS the Paypal fees. This policy changed on 8/18/16 due to Paypal’s new refund rules enacted on 6/26/16.
1) Log into your Paypal account.
2) Click the “Pay or Send Money” button at the top of the screen.
3)Click the “Send Money to Friends or Family” button.
4) In the “To” box, type firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) In the “Amount” box, type in the Total for the trip or trips (feel free to combine payment for multiple trips).
6) You can use your “Paypal Balance” or “Instant Transfer” to send money fee-free.
7) It will automatically default to paying with your Paypal balance or bank account. If you want to send money using a credit
card or debit card, click under the “You’re Paying With” button. It will pull up a side menu. From there, you will be able to select a credit card or debit card, and it will show you the amount of fees that you will need to pay.
8) Enter the name of the field trip(s) you are paying for, and your name in the message field.
9) Click “Send Money.”
If the reservation/cancellation deadline has passed for the trip or event, then we will not be able to refund your money. However, you are welcome to sell your tickets to someone else, but you must notify us 24 hours prior to the event with the changes.
If the reservation/cancellation deadline has NOT passed for the trip or event, and you are unable to attend, we will happily refund your money or offer you a credit that can be applied to another field trip.
Anytime the River City Field Trips Committee votes to cancel a field trip, we will refund your money or offer you a credit that can be applied to another field trip. If the venue cancels or reschedules a field trip, we will adhere to the policy of the venue.
River City Committee
Free Field Trip Policy:
1. All “FREE” field trips will request a donation of $1 per person paid to RCFT. RCFT will then donate the amount collected (minus any fees incurred) to the venue, charity, or to our scholarship program. Donations will adhere to the same Refund Policy as regular payments.
2. If you do not cancel 48 hours before a free field trip (except in emergencies) on more than 2 occasions, you will forfeit the privilege of joining us on future free field trips for a calendar year. If you cancel less than 48 hours before a “high interest” free field trip (in which a waiting list has been created), you will not be allowed to attend free field trips for a calendar year. Appeals will be considered by the committee.
If you have received a scholarship for a field trip, and cannot attend, you will need to notify RCFT at least 48 hours before the field trip (except in medical emergencies). If you do not notify us at least 48 hours in advance, you may forfeit your eligibility for future scholarships. Appeals will be considered by the committee as long as notification was received prior to the field trip. If you do not notify RCFT before the field trip and do not show up for a field trip that you have received a scholarship for, your eligibility for scholarships is automatically revoked from the date of absence forward.
By submitting my payment, I agree that I understand the Refund policy stated on the River City Field Trips, henceforth known as “RCFT,” webpage at http://rivercityfieldtrips.org/?page_id=8. If the payment deadline has passed, and I wish to sell my tickets to another family, I will notify RCFT of the family I sold my tickets to 24 hours prior to the event. No refunds will be given after the payment deadline has passed. If the RCFT Board cancels an event or field trip, a full refund will be issued. If a venue cancels a field trip, I will adhere to the policy of the venue or forfeit any monies paid.
I understand that RCFT is a business, and that by submitting my payment, I am entering into a contract with said business.
I understand that by submitting my payment I agree to waive all liability against River City Field Trips, its parent corporation, Louisville Homeschool Incorporated, henceforth known as “LHS”, and its representatives for damaged, lost, or stolen items on all field trips and/or activities that I attend. I also agree to not hold RCFT or LHS as a whole or its representatives responsible for injuries caused by lack of parental supervision, facility default, or negligence. Any actions causing negligence, damages, or injury to another person or facility is the responsibility of the guardian and/or parent. The RCFT and/or LHS as a whole as well as its representatives are not to be held liable. I also understand that as an open homeschool group, RCFT and LHS do not require background checks on people in attendance, other groups, individuals that may be present, or staff at the field trip facility or site. The RCFT, LHS, and its representatives will not be held responsible for any actions or lack of actions that would result in a civil or judicial lawsuit.
I understand there may be photos taken by other parties and sent to RCFT and/or LHS. These photos may be used at RCFT and LHS’s discretion for display on the internet, posters, advertisements, or any other publication. If I do not want any photos of myself or my family used, I will request a form from the Point Person the day of the field trip, activity, event, etc. to fill out a complete description of everyone in my party.
I agree that I will not contact a venue, as my contract is with RCFT. If I contact a venue for a refund, credit, to reschedule, or for any reason outside of general information (eg. directions, etc) and/or if I present myself as a representative of RCFT or LHS I will forfeit the ability to sign up for field trips in the future.
Code of Conduct
In order to provide the best environment for our students, we are requesting that everyone adhere to a simple code of conduct. We ask that you be respectful to others, the venues, the performers, and yourselves.
- Families are expected to cooperate and behave with common courtesy and be respectful to persons and property.
- Rude and disrespectful attitudes and/or behaviors (e.g. excessive talking, blatant disobedience, continually late to field trips) will not be tolerated and are grounds for dismissal with no refund.
- Families must be respectful and courteous to others.
- Bullying will not be tolerated and are grounds for dismissal with no refund.
- Behavior that demonstrates a blatant disregard for person and/or property will result in immediate, permanent dismissal with no refund.
- No food or drink is allowed on field trips unless otherwise specified.
- Families must take care of the facilities including treating the facilities, equipment, displays, etc. with respect.
- They must clean up all of their trash.
- Parents will be responsible for property damaged by their family.
This is part of the membership form that requires your agreement to participate. It is not a conclusive list, and can be altered at any time at the discretion of the board of directors.