Code of Conduct
In order to provide the best environment for our students, we are requesting that everyone adhere to a simple code of conduct. We ask that you be respectful to others, the venues, the performers, and yourselves.
- Families are expected to cooperate and behave with common courtesy and be respectful to persons and property.
- Rude and disrespectful attitudes and/or behaviors (e.g. excessive talking, blatant disobedience, continually late to field trips) will not be tolerated and are grounds for dismissal with no refund.
- Families must be respectful and courteous to others.
- Bullying will not be tolerated and are grounds for dismissal with no refund.
- Behavior that demonstrates a blatant disregard for person and/or property will result in immediate, permanent dismissal with no refund.
- No food or drink is allowed on field trips unless otherwise specified.
- Families must take care of the facilities including treating the facilities, equipment, displays, etc. with respect.
- They must clean up all of their trash.
- Parents will be responsible for property damaged by their family.
This is part of the membership form that requires your agreement to participate. It is not a conclusive list, and can be altered at any time at the discretion of the board of directors.
Behavior Expectations for all RCFT/LHS Events and Activities
Behavior expectations: Be Respectful to persons and property. We value kindness and inclusiveness and use a problem solving approach to conflict. When issues arise, clearly and calmly state the problem and collectively work toward solution.
Children who display acts of aggression, violence, vulgarity, or other offensive behaviors may be asked to leave the event.
The following actions will be taken when a child’s behavior poses a problem for the group members:
- Parent will be asked to address the situation.
- For the safety of the children, if problem behavior continues, parent will be asked to remove the child temporarily from the group.
- If after returning to the group, the behavior persists, the group may request to remove the child for the remainder of the event, and the behavior will be reported to the board. If the child is repeatedly reported to the board, the family will have their membership revoked in accordance with the LHS by-laws Article III, Section 4.
- If a child’s behavior is deemed severe by the volunteers present (ie. sexual misbehavior, extreme violence or aggression, etc), the volunteers and parents present should ensure the victim is in a safe environment, call the authorities, and then contact the board. The family will have their membership revoked in accordance with the LHS by-laws Article III, Section 4.
Parents are encouraged to use a problem solving approach towards helping children understand behavior expectations and to resolve any ongoing issues.
If at any time, a member (parent or child) creates problems within the group, that member may be asked to leave. This group exists to benefit families who are homeschooling (or considering), and we reserve the right to maintain the integrity of the group through the removal of any member who does not support these goals or otherwise interferes with these goals. Removal of a member must be agreed upon by a 2/3rds majority of the Board of Directors.
We do not provide child care services. Parents/Guardians are fully responsible for the health, care, and well-being of their children. Be respectful of other people, the environment we are in, and any equipment or supplies. When it is time to go, leave everything in the same or better condition than when you found it. (eg. clean up all trash before you go, even if you didn’t bring or leave any of the trash that is on the ground).
If the reservation/cancellation deadline has passed for the trip or event, then we will not be able to refund your money. However, you are welcome to sell your tickets to someone else, but you must notify us 24 hours prior to the event with the changes.
If the reservation/cancellation deadline has NOT passed for the trip or event, and you are unable to attend, we will happily refund your money or offer you a credit that can be applied to another field trip.
Anytime the River City Field Trips Committee votes to cancel a field trip, we will refund your money or offer you a credit that can be applied to another field trip. If the venue cancels or reschedules a field trip, we will adhere to the policy of the venue.
River City Committee
Free Field Trip Policy
1. All “FREE” field trips will request a donation of $1 per person paid to RCFT. RCFT will then donate the amount collected (minus any fees incurred) to the venue, charity, or to our scholarship program. Donations will adhere to the same Refund Policy as regular payments.
2. If you do not cancel 48 hours before a free field trip (except in emergencies) on more than 2 occasions, you will forfeit the privilege of joining us on future free field trips for a calendar year. If you cancel less than 48 hours before a “high interest” free field trip (in which a waiting list has been created), you will not be allowed to attend free field trips for a calendar year. Appeals will be considered by the committee.
If you have received a scholarship for a field trip, and cannot attend, you will need to notify RCFT at least 48 hours before the field trip (except in medical emergencies). If you do not notify us at least 48 hours in advance, you may forfeit your eligibility for future scholarships. Appeals will be considered by the committee as long as notification was received prior to the field trip. If you do not notify RCFT before the field trip and do not show up for a field trip that you have received a scholarship for, your eligibility for scholarships is automatically revoked from the date of absence forward.
By submitting my payment, I agree that I understand the Refund policy stated on the River City Field Trips, henceforth known as “RCFT,” webpage at http://rivercityfieldtrips.org/?page_id=8. If the payment deadline has passed, and I wish to sell my tickets to another family, I will notify RCFT of the family I sold my tickets to 24 hours prior to the event. No refunds will be given after the payment deadline has passed. If the RCFT Board cancels an event or field trip, a full refund will be issued. If a venue cancels a field trip, I will adhere to the policy of the venue or forfeit any monies paid.
I understand that RCFT is a business, and that by submitting my payment, I am entering into a contract with said business.
I understand that by submitting my payment I agree to waive all liability against River City Field Trips, its parent corporation, Louisville Homeschool Incorporated, henceforth known as “LHS”, and its representatives for damaged, lost, or stolen items on all field trips and/or activities that I attend. I also agree to not hold RCFT or LHS as a whole or its representatives responsible for injuries caused by lack of parental supervision, facility default, or negligence. Any actions causing negligence, damages, or injury to another person or facility is the responsibility of the guardian and/or parent. The RCFT and/or LHS as a whole as well as its representatives are not to be held liable. I also understand that as an open homeschool group, RCFT and LHS do not require background checks on people in attendance, other groups, individuals that may be present, or staff at the field trip facility or site. The RCFT, LHS, and its representatives will not be held responsible for any actions or lack of actions that would result in a civil or judicial lawsuit.
I understand there may be photos taken by other parties and sent to RCFT and/or LHS. These photos may be used at RCFT and LHS’s discretion for display on the internet, posters, advertisements, or any other publication. If I do not want any photos of myself or my family used, I will request a form from the Point Person the day of the field trip, activity, event, etc. to fill out a complete description of everyone in my party.
I agree that I will not contact a venue, as my contract is with RCFT. If I contact a venue for a refund, credit, to reschedule, or for any reason outside of general information (eg. directions, etc) and/or if I present myself as a representative of RCFT or LHS I will forfeit the ability to sign up for field trips in the future.
Paypal payments sent with fees associated will be charged a 4% convenience fee. Paypal payments sent with fees associated can ONLY be refunded for the amount paid MINUS the Paypal fees. This policy changed on 8/18/16 due to Paypal’s new refund rules enacted on 6/26/16.